20120329 - Scheduled Maintenance: Microsoft Software Updates
Subject: 29 March 2012 Scheduled Maintenance: Microsoft Software Updates
- Scheduled start date and time: 03/29/2012 01:00 AM CT
- Scheduled end date and time: 03/29/2012 05:00 AM CT
- System(s) Affected: Exchange
- Expected Impact: We will be installing windows updates that require rebooting your server. Individual services should only be unavailable long enough for patch installation and reboot. Incoming messages will be queued until maintenance is completed
- Action required: none
We appreciate your patience during this work and welcome any feedback. Thank you for being a ETRN customer. Please contact us if you have any questions.
We Answer Your Questions: FAQ
Q: What is the maximum e-mail attachment size?
A: The ETRN.com e-mail servers do not limit the size of individual e-mail attachments. The ETRN.com e-mail servers do impose a 400 MB maximum total message size limit. Individual customers can choose a smaller message size limit. We can also customize the handling of "over-sized" e-mails. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs. A couple of important facts:
1. Attachments are typically encoded in what is called Base64. As a result, the actual length of MIME-compliant Base64-encoded binary data is usually about 137% of the original file size.
2. E-mails often contain both plain text and HTML components. This also increases the overall size of the e-mail.