20120309 - Unscheduled Maintenance: Exchange Public Folder Database Maintenance
Subject: 9 March 2012 Unscheduled Maintenance: Exchange Public Folder Database Maintenance
- Scheduled start date and time: 03/09/2012 10:00 PM CT
- Scheduled end date and time: 03/10/2012 05:00 AM CT
- System(s) Affected: Exchange Public Folders
- Expected Impact: We will be performing unscheduled maintenance that will impact access to Exchange Public Folders. Access to public folders is available during the maintenance, however, performance may be degraded and replication may take longer than usual.
- Action required: none
We appreciate your patience during this work and welcome any feedback. Thank you for being a ETRN customer. Please contact us if you have any questions.
We Answer Your Questions: FAQ
Q: What is the maximum e-mail attachment size?
A: The ETRN.com e-mail servers do not limit the size of individual e-mail attachments. The ETRN.com e-mail servers do impose a 400 MB maximum total message size limit. Individual customers can choose a smaller message size limit. We can also customize the handling of "over-sized" e-mails. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs. A couple of important facts:
1. Attachments are typically encoded in what is called Base64. As a result, the actual length of MIME-compliant Base64-encoded binary data is usually about 137% of the original file size.
2. E-mails often contain both plain text and HTML components. This also increases the overall size of the e-mail.